Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby Birth Card + Big Sister Card

Here are two cards I made recently.

The first was for my sister. This card accompanied the gift I gave to her at her baby shower.

Stork's on his Way - FrontStork's on his Way - Inside

And in case you’re curious, these are the gifts that the aforementioned card accompanied. I picked up the first outfit at Target (it’s by Carter’s) back in the beginning of my sister’s pregnancy when she was so sure she was having a boy.

When we found out she was having another girl, I found this outfit to be too cute to return. I mean, come on! It has little doggie ears on the hoodie! How cute is that? I just made a few adjustments to make the outfit more suitable for a girl (like removing the tag on the front of the onesie that said, “Tough Guy”) and I made a matching girlie headband too.

The elastic headband base was purchased from Luvable Creations Boutique via Etsy. I made the flower using some ribbon, a needle, thread…and wha-la!

outfit and headband #1headband #1

The other outfit I picked up at H&M. How much do I love that they have a children’s section??? The little pants are super cute with hot pink sparkly thread sewn along the black stripes.

For the matching headband to this outfit, I also purchased the elastic headband base from Luvable Creations Boutique via Etsy. The only difference with this flower was that I used wired ribbon instead.

headband #2outfit and headband #2

And finally, the second card I made was for my niece Riley. I wanted to send her a card after her new sister was born. She is 3 years old and now becoming a big sister for the very first time. Things sure will be changing for her!

Big Sister - Front

Big Sister - Inside

Credit: All photos taken by me.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!