Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shoot Along – Telling the Story

As I mentioned in a previous post, the Giver’s Log and Carrie Butler Photography have teamed-up and put together a Shoot Along complete with daily tips and tutorials to help people like me, to improve their photography skills.

Well, today is just day one, so keep that in mind when you look at my day’s photos. I can’t wait to learn more and see some progression in my photos.

Today’s assignment was Telling the Story. “What is part of your life right now that you’ll want to remember in a couple years?” In the tutorial, they said that the key to this is to consider what story you are trying to tell with the photo you are taking at the time, and then, carefully composing your photo to include all the characters in that story.

Since at the moment I am unemployed and a stay-at-home-mom to my dog Madison, it is Madison that primarily takes up my days. Therefore (of course!), Madison was my subject for this assignment.

I take care of Madison’s grooming myself, because (1) I have the time and (2) she hates going to the groomer. She doesn’t make it easy for me though. Madison will only sit still for awhile before she moves around and then hides where I can’t get at her.

Here are photos I took during one of her self-determined grooming breaks. She moved herself to a nice warm place in the sun. If you look closely, you can see how I have started to trim near her back and body, but her head and legs are still giant poofs of messy curly fur. Hopefully one day I will get to finish her haircut.

Break from grooming Break from grooming Break from grooming

Apparently Madison is part bird. Hidden in her tail, I found a small white feather. I wonder how long that’s been hiding in there.

Feather

Day one: OVER

Tomorrow’s tutorial is slated as lighting, I believe. Can’t wait!

Credit: All photos taken by myself.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!