Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

I’ve been absent from the blog, but I’ve had good reason.  Since I last posted, so much has happened…

I had a birthday and got a surprise visit from friends to celebrate.  My love passed the California Bar Exam.  My best friend got married.  And I am now an aunt for the second time.  Minus turning another year older, all great things.

For my birthday, we took an overnight trip to Paso Robles to visit the wineries.  Although I am not a huge wine buff and there are not all that many I like, it was a fun time.

L'Aventure WineryL'Aventure WineryJustin Winery Robert Hall WineryBest olive oil ever from Laraneta Winery30 does suck!

(See: L’Aventure Winery, Justin Winery, Robert Hall Winery, and Laraneta Winery)

My love passed the California Bar Exam and I got to be there when he was sworn is as a California attorney.  I’m so very proud of him.

Chris about to be sworn inChris was just sworn in

I played co-hostess at my best friend’s bridal shower.  In all my years, it is the first bridal shower that I have been to.  If you are ever in the Milwaukee area, Swig has some delicious food.  I highly recommend the the Barbeque Beef Sandwich and the Turkey & Apple Club.  Yum!

Bridal shower at SwigThe bride-to-be and IBridal shower at SwigBridal shower at SwigBridal shower at Swig

(See: Swig)

I got to spend some quality time with my niece Riley.  I love spending time with her when I can, since it isn’t very often living 2000 miles apart.  3 years old and about to become a big sister for the very first time!

Riley playing dress-upRiley at the parkI taught Riley how to catch bubblesRiley modeling barrettes I made her

Then there was a Bachelorette party that I had the privilege of planning.  It was a fun time and I hope I succeeded in making it a special ‘last night out’ for the bride.  A separate blog post to come with all the projects I made for the party.

The BacheloretteYummy drinks at Kenadee's

(See: Intercontinental Hotel Milwaukee and Kenadee’s)

And then the main event…

My best friend got married.  Stephanie and Charlie were married in a beautiful ceremony at a private estate and I am so happy that I could be there as they embarked on this new journey together.

Private estateStephanie & CharlieModeling my dress post-ceremony My ranunculus bouquetStephanie & CharlieTableMother-of-the-groom's chairFirst danceCake & lovely Clara French cake standThe cakeMy love and IThe bride and I

(See: Welke’s House of Roses and Clara French Ceramique)

Last but certainly not least…

My new niece Jordynn was born on Tuesday July 1st, 2010 and now I am an aunt for the second time.  I can’t wait to see her in person since she waited until 2 days after I left Wisconsin to make her appearance.  Riley is going to make a great big sister!

Riley and the baby bumpJordynn just after being bornJordynn at the hospitalJordynnJordynn and her big sis RileyJordynn and her grandma

Soon to come…

Bachelorette party projects (sneak peak here).  Diaper cake (sneak peak here).  And TONS of cards (sneak peaks here and here)!

Photo Credit: All photos in this post were taken by me.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!