Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can I be in love with a pancake?

I’m not a huge fan of pancakes and I am not huge fan of fall.  But I do happen to be a HUGE fan of pumpkin pancakes.  So good!

If you haven’t tried them and have a Trader Joe’s near you, I highly recommend you try out their pumpkin pancake and waffle mix.  Oh, and while you’re there, pick up a few extra boxes to stock up because this is only a seasonal item.

It’s a perfect fall breakfast.

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pancake Mixpancake on the stovetop ready to be eaten

I’m a summer-girl through and through, but the one thing I like about autumn is all the pumpkin recipes that start popping up everywhere.

Here are some pumpkin recipes you may want to try out:

And here are two recipes from my very own recipe box.

PUMPKIN CAKE

(Serves 12)

  • 1 can (29oz) ready mix pumpkin
  • 1 box yellow cake
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cubes butter, melted
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 3/4 cup walnuts
  • 3 eggs beaten
  • Cool Whip

COMBINE pumpkin, salt, milk and eggs.

BEAT well with a whisk and SPREAD into a 13x9” greased pan.

SPRINKLE the dry cake mix on top of the pumpkin.  RUN a knife through the mixture.

SCATTER walnuts over the top.  Then DRIZZLE melted butter over the top.

BAKE at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.

TOP with cool whip.

 

PUMPKIN SEEDS

Note: Do NOT wash seeds.

For every 2 cups of seeds, you will need:

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

BAKE at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours.

STIR occasionally.

Credit: All photos taken by me.  Trader Joe’s.  Pumpkin recipes - Our Best Bites, Libby’s, Kraft Foods, Love & Olive Oil, and my kitchen addiction.  Pumpkin Cake recipe from my friend Shannon.  Pumpkin Seeds recipe from the cookbook Fernwood’s Fabulous Favorites.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!