Saturday, October 16, 2010

What I’m Working On…

I didn’t work on much this week since our houseguests were here until Wednesday. All I really had time for was running errands. But I did get some ArtBin storage containers in the mail that I ordered online from Joann Fabrics. I am desperate to get all my crafting supplies in order. Right now it is a bit of a mess which makes it hard to work efficiently.

ArtBin storage systems ArtBin storage system

However, I’m a tad disappointed in the ArtBins. I had high hopes for the top container, but it turned out to be a lot smaller than I anticipated. It just won’t work for me. If only it was bigger. Sigh.

The bottom ones are great. One has a divided lid and open base for storage, and the other has a open lid and divided base for storage. Plus they both have side storage for pens and things. But the container that would work best for me of the two arrived defective with a cracked handle. Boo. :(

ArtBin storage system

At Michaels I found another pretty great container that I think will be a winner for me. It’s got storage for smaller things like pens and stuff on top (one divided compartment and one not). And inside it’s a big bin, plus a removable tray for additional storage.

Everything Mary storage container

Besides my quest for art supply organization, I’ve also been dreaming of some DIY projects to try. I really want to make some tiered dessert trays for cupcakes, appetizers, cakes, and things like that. This means that next week I’ll be making some visits to local thrift stores on the hunt for old candle holders, ceramic plates, and even vinyl records. Oh course, there will be photos to come as I finish these projects.

Since it was gloomy today, it prevented us from our usual Saturday trip to the beach. Instead we used the free time to check out snowboarding equipment. Winter is approaching quickly and there may be a trip to Tahoe in the works next month. My love picked up some elbow pads and I checked out helmets and goggles.

Giro TAG helmet in Blurb Smith ALLURE helmet in White Pearl Spy TARGA MINI goggles in Sunrise EGK ELECTRIC! goggles in Bronze/Silver Chrome Lens

I think the first helmet with the hearts is super-dee-duper cute. However, I think it might be WAY too much going on with my jacket. A bonus of the white helmet is that it lets me pick from fancier patterned goggles.

What do you think?

Oakley SISTER jacket via Blue Tomato

Credit: All photos of art storage containers taken by me. Snowboarding and helmet photos taken by my love using his cell phone camera. Last photo of Oakley SISTER jacket via Blue Tomato. ArtBin Easy View Storage System (6833AB) found here and here. ArtBin Deluxe Super Satchel Open Top/Divided Bottom (6980AB) found here and here. ArtBin Deluxe Super Satchel Divided Top/Open Bottom found here and here. Everything Mary storage container found at Michaels. Giro TAG helmet in Blurb found here. Smith ALLURE helmet in White Pearl found here. Spy TARGA MINI goggles in Sunrise found here. EGK ELECTRIC! goggles in Bronze/Silver Chrome Lens found here.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!