Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chicken Breast Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Mushrooms

I have a picky palate and therefore need a little more oomph than just plain chicken breast with a side of some vegetable. Give me a sauce or breading…or in this case, stuff that chicken breast.

I made Chicken Breast Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Mushrooms on a whim one night while looking into my cabinets for what I had on hand.

Chicken Breast Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Mushrooms

  • Take a regular chicken breast and use a knife to slice a pocket through the middle part of the breast.
  • Slice pieces of crumbly gorgonzola cheese and lay them inside the chicken breast pocket.
  • Slice mushrooms and lay them inside the chicken breast pocket on top of the cheese.
  • Close the chicken breast pocket by folding the top flap back over the cheese and mushrooms. Securing with cord or toothpicks was not necessary.

  • Place the chicken breast on a foil lined baking sheet.
  • Drizzle with garlic olive oil (regular olive oil will do) and season with salt and pepper.
  • Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until top is golden. Check for doneness.

I topped my chicken breast with balsamic caramelized onions and served steamed green beans on the side. Yum! A meal created on a whim turned out to be a nice dish that I will make again and again in the future.

Credit: Recipe and photos by me.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!