Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Second Favorite Cookie

Ah, to finally have coconut in my cabinet meant I finally got to make one of my very favorite cookie recipes (only second to these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies). I stumbled upon this recipe in some magazine or newspaper long, long ago. Over 10 years ago. And it has been in my recipe clipping book ever since.

This recipe makes a no-fail chewy chocolate chip cookie. The chewiness is what I like most about these cookies. I think it is the coconut that helps them stay chewy. If you are not a coconut lover like me, and I know there are a lot of you guys out there, I have been told that you can’t taste the coconut in them. If you are worried about seeing the coconut, you can purchase the really shredded kind or try omitting it completely.

Four-Star Chocolate Chip Cookies {Adapted by MissJillian from recipe below}

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup (packed) light-brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-ounce package) milk chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 3/4 cup shredded coconut

PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees.

MIX flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.

CREAM butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer.

ADD the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

BEAT in the flour mixture gradually.

STIR in the chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut.

 

DROP the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. I use a Silpat.

BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.

PULL from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing with a spatula to a wire cooling rack.

Recipe makes about 54 cookies.

Enjoy!

Credit: Recipe from an unknown source adapted by me. All photos taken by me.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!