I made a salad yesterday that actually turned out to be pretty delicious. In my hurry, I neglected to take any pictures (will you please forgive me?).
Pictures or not, the recipe was too good not to share.
Balsamic Pear Salad
- 5 oz. bag of Mixed Greens
- 1 Pear
- 1/4 of a small Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- POUR bag of Mixed Greens into a large bowl.
- DICE the pear into small cubes. ADD to the bowl.
- THINLY SLICE the Red Onion. ADD to the bowl.
- CHOP nuts and ADD to the bowl.
- GRIND fresh Pepper over the Mixed Greens.
- POUR the Balsamic Vinegar over the Mixed Greens.
- DRIZZLE the Olive Oil over the Mixed Greens to taste.
- MIX and SERVE.
Here’s a photo from the website I found the original recipe and what her salad looked like…
If you don’t have a pear, Mandarin orange slices or strawberry would also be tasty options. Further possible additions to the salad could be crumbled/shredded cheese or even avocado slices.