Friday, October 29, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies…with PRETZELS!

About a week ago I posted about some Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I baked (you can see that post and recipe here).  Well, I had a hankering to bake today, so I made this cookie recipe again…but this time, with a slight modification.

I added 1/2 cup of pretzels!

I can’t take credit for this idea whatsoever because I originally saw it when reading Lovin’ From the Oven.  So smart!

What it does is add a little crunch (like a nut, but without the nut) to the cookie.  And another bonus is that the pretzels add a little extra salt.  So you get the sweet from the chocolate and the salt from the pretzel which is really nice.

I only added a 1/2 cup of pretzels, but you could add more than that.  I was just being cautious since I’ve never tried adding pretzels before.  In the future, I’d probably add a full cup instead.  Also, I used tiny pretzel sticks broken up into pieces.  You could use whatever pretzel shape you’d like or happen to have lying around your house.

 

 

I hope you enjoy these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Pretzel Cookies!  And have a great weekend too!

Credit: Recipe adapted from here and Lovin’ From the Oven.  Cookies pictured were baked by me.  All photos take by me as well.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!