Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stuffed Goldfish Barrette

Today I spent some time working on another felt barrette.  This time I’m making a goldfish that’s stuffed with fiberfill and complete with googly eyes.

I still have some work to do.  While I finished the goldfish, I still need to sew some felt around the barrette and attach it to the little fishy.

Once again, I’m throwing a question out to you guys…any ideas on what color I should go with for the barrette base?  So far I’ve gotten two great suggestions: (1) green like seaweed and (2) blue like water.  Both ideas are great, but I think I’m gravitating toward blue because I think it will look nice with the orange and I can add some of my white iridescent bugle beads to the base for a little sparkle (a la bubbles).

What do you think?  Is blue the way to go?  What do you think about adding a little bling with bugle beads on the base?  Is it going too far?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Stuffed Goldfish Barrette

Credit: Photo taken by me.  Photo editing by me using Photoshop.  Felt goldfish sewn by me as well.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!