Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I figured before Thanksgiving was too far in the past (and it’s already been a week), I should post about it and the cooking I did for the holiday.  My love and I were lucky enough to be invited to our friends’ house to celebrate and we had a really wonderful time.  Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays.  I mean, what’s not to like about a holiday centered around getting together with family, friends, football, and food?

What was really great too, was that I got assigned food to bring.  Yay!  Since I live so far away from my family, I long for the parties I miss and the food I don’t get to bring to them.  I get jealous when I hear of the cupcakes and dessert my cousin got to make.  :(

Back to Thanksgiving though…I got assigned dessert, but I kind of got carried away reading my recipe book and ended up making an appetizer and side too.  I’ll post recipes later, but here’s what I brought to the festivities: Deviled Eggs, Mini Cornbread Muffins, Peanut Butter Marshmallow Crunch Brownies (which are always a hit), Creamy Lemon Dessert, and I picked up a store-bought Pumpkin Pie.

Thanksgiving was wonderful and our hosts were beyond gracious.  There was so much yummy food (delicious crab dip, tasty turkey, succulent honey baked ham, yummy spiced cider, and so much other great stuff) that my tummy is still recovering from the over indulging.  I LOVE THANKSGIVING!!!

Deviled Eggs Mini Cornbread Muffins Peanut Butter Marshmallow Crunch Brownies  Creamy Lemon Dessert 

Credit: All food pictured make by me and all photos taken by me as well.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!