Monday, August 8, 2011

Candyfornia.

Last night (yes, on a Sunday), we went to see Katy Perry’s concert in L.A. at the NOKIA Theatre. I tried to be selective with the photos I chose to post, but as usual instead of “less is more” I went with my stand-by “more is more” route.

The concert was complete sensory overload. I hope some of the photos do that justice.

Katy Perry - The California Dreams Tour 2011

I’m always up for a good celebrity sighting, and we got a few of them at this concert. First we saw Perez Hilton down in the Nokia Lounge. Then Russell Brand showed up to watch his wife perform and brought Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise with him.

They were standing behind us the entire time surrounded by security. I have to say it was pretty distracting. Mostly because I kept wanting to check out Russell Brand’s reaction.

Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, & Russell Brand

Katy Perry - Waking Up in Vegas

Katy Perry

Katy Perry - Peacock

Katy Perry

Katy Perry

Katy Perry

There were tons of props and amazing dancers throughout the show. In this song, the dancers were doing trapeze-cirque du soleil-style maneuvers that were mucho impressive. In hindsight, I wish I would have taken some video.

Katy Perry - Pearl

Katy Perry - Not Like the Movies

Katy Perry

Katy Perry beat Lady Gaga in terms of wardrobe changes and I didn’t think that was possible. In the course of this song alone, Katy changed her costume well over 6 times!

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold

Kitty Perry & Katy Perry

Katy Perry - California Gurls

It was a great show. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to leave this concert without being entertained.

Check out some videos I took too…sorry they are shaky. Recording video with my digital camera is not my strong suit. I just HAD to take video of California Gurls for my 4-year old niece back in Wisconsin in hopes of impressing her. She sings me the song all the time since I’m her auntie that lives in California. So sweet.

Video: Firework by Katy Perry

Video: California Gurls by Katy Perry

Oh yeah…that shriek at 1:41 is me. Those beach balls came out of nowhere and scared the living daylights out of me. :)

Credit: All photos taken by either me or my love. Videos taken by me. Katy Perry – The California Dreams Tour 2011 concert at NOKIA Theatre L.A. Live.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!