Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nut & Berry Granola

{Homemade Nut & Berry Granola}

I’ve been on a granola kick lately. It happened on a recent trip to Trader Joe’s when I spotted some yummy Pecan Praline Granola. From that point on, it was all history and I’ve been eating and craving granola ever since.

trader joe s pecan praline granola

{Trader Joe’s Pecan Praline Granola}

Last week, my friend Jessica whipped up a batch of her favorite granola recipe and it did not disappoint. In fact, I liked it so much that this weekend I made my own personal batch.

And because we were attending a dinner party that same evening, I was able to package some in a pretty canister and bring it as a homemade hostess gift.

Now on to the recipe!

NUT & BERRY GRANOLA

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups of Rolled Oats
  • 2/3 cup Raw Slice Almonds
  • 2/3 cup Roasted Unsalted Cashews
  • 2/3 cup California Walnut Baking Pieces
  • 3/4 cup Shredded Sweet Coconut
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
  • 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 cup Dried Cranberries

Instructions:

  1. PREHEAT your oven to 250 degrees.
  2. MIX oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
  3. MIX syrup, oil, and salt in a small bowl.
  4. COMBINE dry and wet ingredients thoroughly.
  5. SPREAD mixture on a large ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
  6. BAKE for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring with a spatula at 15 minute intervals.
  7. ADD dried cranberries for the last 15 minute interval.
  8. COOL, then package and eat!

*I added a little more coconut after the granola cooled just because I like coconut and wanted a bit more.

{See all the nuts, cranberries, and coconut? Yum!}

Credit: Recipe adapted from my friend Jessica’s adaptation of Alton Brown’s Granola recipe on Food Network. Granola pictured was made by me. Photos taken by me as well.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!