Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Helpful Household Hints

Everyone has their own household tips and tricks that they’ve picked up over the years. Maybe you’ve learned a great way to do something from your mother or your grandmother. Maybe you read a handy tip in Good Housekeeping that you’ve kept in your arsenal.

Well, I have a few tricks up my sleeve too and I thought I’d do a little series of Helpful Household Hints to share them with you guys.

Helpful Household Hint #1: Extending the Shelf-life of Nuts

Nuts are expensive and I usually take awhile to finish a package. I don’t want them to go to waste by going rancid. So, to keep nuts fresher a little longer, I put my nuts in the freezer. The great thing about freezing nuts, is they don’t freeze like liquids do. Just take the bags out of the freezer and the nuts are ready to go. No defrosting needed.

What tricks do you use around your household to make life a little easier or to fix the boo boos once they happen? Please share!

Credit: Photo taken by me.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!