Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Vail Trip – Day One – November 2010

One of the reasons why I haven’t been blogging as much this month, is that we took a trip to Vail, Colorado a few weekends back.  I grew up with lots of snow in my life every winter, so I’m not one of those people easily amazed by season…but Colorado with all its beautiful mountains is a different story.  Even I can admit that the snow was really pretty covering the peaks of all the gorgeous mountains.

Me and my love snowboard…but keep in mind that this was only our 3rd time snowboarding ever.  The first and second time were both last winter, and the first time was a lesson.  So we are newbies at this sport for sure.  And I wouldn’t exactly say that Vail is for newbies.  It was a big departure from our usual mountains of Big Bear, California.

We spent the first day on the mountain just trying to get our bearings and re-learn the basics.  My love referred to it as our “training day.”  The first run we did on the mountain was not a good choice (and it certainly didn’t help that my love wasn’t feeling to well), but we found better runs later in the day and ended on a much better note than the day started.

Here are some photos from day one!

     

Credit: All photos taken by me in Vail, Colorado.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!