Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What We Did This Weekend.

I helped my love’s brother pick up a pup (well, not exactly a puppy, since he’s 4 years old) from a local animal shelter. The pup is a mix of a beagle and a pug…and is a massive 45 lbs. That’s huge compared to my little Madison who is a whopping 10 lbs.

Hogan

I had the urge to bake and made some chocolate espresso cupcakes. I got to try out my new Ikea cupcake liners which was pretty exciting. I also wanted to try out my new piping bags and decorating tips with the frosting…but let’s just say, making frosting is not my strong suit. I’ll get into more about that in a later post.

chocolate espresso cupcakes - into the ovenchocolate espresso cupcakes - out of the oven

Since it is the end of September, temperatures here are rising. It made for a really nice trip to the beach even though the it was a little more crowded than usual and there seems to be a bit of a seaweed issue on the northern end of the beach. Still, the weather was lovely and our walk was a nice one.

scb - north endme @ scbscb tidescb rocksscb rocks

I spent some quality time playing with my Madison and her favorite toy elephant (a Christmas present from her grandma). I felt a bit bad for her having to share her home and toys with her new cousin (the newly adopted pup) while he visited, and wanted to pay her some extra special attention to make up for it.

Madison, her elephant, and I

Besides that, my weekend was consumed with a lot of paper cutting and pasting. I’ve been commissioned to make some party invites. It’s about time I started up my Etsy shop.

These will be a custom reserved listing, but soon I will be starting to add more and more items to my shop on a regular basis. As I do so, I’ll be sure to post about it.

custom party invitation pieces

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too! I can’t believe September is already nearly over.

Credit: All photos taken by me.

signature5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the conversation started!